Thursday, February 25

Fun Birthday Cake!!


So I know this is a little late, but I wanted you all to see the fun cake I made Alex for his birthday! So I decided to do a pharmacy theme... not much excitement there but I finally thought up an idea....




Yes I know it says "valtrex" and I ment to sign it as "Dr. Herpel". The joke is is that alex is always getting cold sores and so the Baxters (and I at times) joke around with him about this problem he seems to have!!! :)

And I finally used fondant for the first time.... Yes it's just a square for the prescription pad, but hey it's a start! I am no artist like kathy!! But It did make me LOVE to decorate and now I want to try and use it for many decorations!!!






7 comments:

Brooke said...

Love it Karina!

Bruce and Becky said...

THat is awesome! Just think how exciting it will be when you can use real drugs on the cake...laxatives, ritalin, lots of fun possibilities. Great Jerb.

Unknown said...

Alex, was it yummy, or did it taste like medicine?

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

Shoot - who says you don't have talent!!! That's so cute, and you're right up there with the pros for this one. Love it.

murdoch family said...

Karina,
It is very cute. The sprinkles are so darling. What is the medicine made of? Did Alex's wish come true yet?

Kemble Family said...

Hi Karina!
Jay wants to know if you played "doctor" afterwards. Ok, it was a little funny. Such a 'Jay' comment, huh? I was going to say something like, "Oh, how cute!!"
Love you!!
Jana

Kathy said...

So cute! I love it! And that Rx I can even read! :)

(Our computer has been in the shop for a while that's why I'm so late in commenting.)