Saturday, January 2

Happy New Year!! 2010

Thanks to Amber winning tickets to the Utah Olympic Ice Oval, we were able to go Ice Skating on January 1! It was so much fun as the three youngest had never done it before. They learned quickly and did well and we had a great time. We could not believe how huge this rink was. The size of a football field. Inside the ring were two other rings-hockey was going on and the speed skating teams were practicing. We got to see up close-amazing what people can do on ice.

John thought it was pretty hard, but he was able to go around by himself by the time we were ready to go. He fell the most!

I am trying not to fall myself as I help John go forward--not down!

Now I am up!

Now I am down. Help!

The four girls skating together. They had so much fun. Amber and Alissa were a huge help to them while David and I taught John.

Amber relieves David and I so our backs could rest and we could do some speed skating ourselves!


A family photo at the old train depot in Lehi. I loved the red background. We need a better camera to capture it all.

Our Brazilian nativity. Isn't it so, so cute? So Brazilian, so authentic? Thanks a bunch mom and Dad. We love it. You did so much for all of us. Thanks. Love, Barbara

6 comments:

Bittings said...

Cute Post Barbara!! Love the family pics.

Rick Baxter said...

That looked like a lot of fun. Maybe that's what we should do for an FHE activity. I haven't done it for forever either. Hey, did the skates hurt your ankles? And did you go to the oval in Ogden?

Some people have all the fun.

-Rick Baxter

murdoch family said...

We went to the Olympic oval in Kearns-just a bit north of West Jordan on the West side of Bangerter. Kind of out there ya know--Yes our ankles were a little sore-but it was so, so fun. And they only let us skate for 2 hours at a time. But by then you are pretty much wiped out. Great fun-you could also go to the Seven Peaks Ice Arena. We did that in December for our Youth activity-that was fun too. They played fun christmas music on the rink.
--Barbara

Kemble Family said...

I also enjoyed the pictures! You are all such a cute family! The kids are growing up way too quickly! Give yourselves a hug for me : ) Nice to see your nativity, too. They are all different, I think. Mine is already put away 'til next year. I think I'll take a picture and post it, too, next time.
Hello to everyone!! Looking forward to seeing Mom and Dad in JUST TEN DAYS!!!

XOXOXOXO
Jana

Kathy said...

Looks super fun! And great photos, Barbara. I just put away our nativity as well. I love it. It's all Terra cadda (sp?) with gold accents. It's fun to see yours!

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

Wow, amazing fun and great photos. I love the one next to the red wall.

Enjoy it while you can - they grow up so fast, and we loved having you for the two days after Christmas - thanks for coming and sharing your talents everyone. We love you. Mom