Monday, February 14

My BEST Friend Ever!

I sure am gonna miss the best dog I've ever had! Too bad we didn't all get to say our goodbye's but that's ok. I'm sure he knows he was loved. Thanks so much to mom and dad for taking such good care of him all these years. He definitely had his fair share of pigs ears and walks and ear scratches and swims. One of my favorite memories with Mac is swimming with him in the pool on the corner of 9th and Northern. He sure loved his water, even tackling the canal's in Arizona and the reservoir in PV. I also will miss his smile, I've yet to see a dog that could actually show emotion like Mac could. By far the best looking yellow lab I've ever seen and everyone else seemed to have the same opinion. It was kinda cool when he would put his head in-between your legs too begging for a scratch on his butt. I also liked laying on the ground when Mac would wonder over and lay himself right on your arm or chest and just stay there. Love you Mac! We'll see you later...





7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Jared for posting your memories and thoughts on such a great dog. Of course, i'm kind of partial to Muffy myself... i thought she was the best dog i ever had :) it is interesting that mac seemed to show emotion so much for a dog. yes, we will see them someday. of that i am sure.

Kemble Family said...

Good 'ol Mackie! Must be havin' a good time in Dog Heaven. There's a book about that which I need to find and get you, Mom and Dad. It's very cute and so correct.

Hello to everyone else!
Jana

Unknown said...

Mac-a-licious!! (This is want scott used to call him).
Sure am gonna miss this cute boy! I to loved his emotions, make-a me laugh sometimes.
I bet him and Timmy are livin it up now and are finally best friends!
See ya someday

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

I had such a hard time putting Muffy down, it broke my heart, that is why I left a letter from her to the family. With Mac, I just told the Vet (who, by the way spoke Portuguese) that we had lots of good memories of Mac and that it would be easier for us to just say good-bye and let him walk out of the room with one of the aides. He was absolutely the best looking yellow I have ever seen, and his coat was beautiful. I only wished I had given him a bath, a good brush and a pig ear. Thank you all for loving him so much. And you Jared, for picking him out.
Love, Dad

David/Ruth said...

It could be said of everyone that "he loved that goat" except to replace it with lab. You could always count on Mac to be part of the welcoming committee anytime you came to Pine Valley. I'm sure there were plenty of days when he didn't feel up to coming out of the shed and walking across the gravel driveway but he never failed to come out and say hi in his own way. Sometimes I think the Lord created Labradors to show us how we should treat one another. Mac certainly knew how to give unconditional love. Everytime we throw a ball for Parker and he teases us about bringing it back I think of Mac who had the same habit and would act like he was going to drop it then turn away at the last second. Mac was a great sport to put up with Troopers 'crouching tiger, hidden dragon' tactics. Here's to you Macfarlanes Loch Sloy. Can't wait to see you again someday. David.

Unknown said...

Darn it, Mac-a-licious! now i gotta change the dumb blog name because it doesn't make any sense with only 1 dog... that or Dad needs to get another lab...
Scott

Karina Bitting said...

another lab another lab...