Tuesday, November 2

Halloween in MD

Here are our little Halloweeners, minus one. There was a neighborhood get-together on Halloween and we had a great time meeting some neighbors that we hadn't met before. We ate a lot of food too. I brought mummy hotdogs and a Jell-O brain mold. Mummy Hotdogs-yummy. Jell-O Brain mold-not so yummy.

Seth enjoyed eating the boxes of the candy much more than the candy inside...well, we didn't give him any candy but still.
Our little Master Yoda. He was the same size as the real Yoda.
Didn't you say you wanted sea food?
This was my costume for Trunk-or-Treat, the night before. I have to say it was so fun and my favorite costume to date. Once I figure it out, I'll put on here a video of my stick figure dancing. It was hilarious.
Our Halloween family. Seth was snoozing away upstairs. We don't really have a back yard but the neighborhood Halloween party was in the alley at the back of all our houses. That glowstick stick figure costume only looks cool at night so that's why I have on my skeloton.
We love our little trick or treaters! That night in bed, I thought about all the boys first costumes. Jake was an orange fish. Sam was a carrot. Cameron was a tiger and Seth was a pumpkin. All orange! I thought that was funny. If we have another baby, I'll have to keep the orange tradition.
We bought a few really teeny, tiny pumpkins from Sam's Club...
We had about a million seeds from these three pumpkin-titanics, plus one other medium pumpkin I used for a dinner-in-a-pumpkin. Last night we roasted them, half savory and half sweet. They're delicious.
Hope you all had a fun weekend! We miss you guys a lot want to beat you all up for getting together for Thanksgiving without us. BOO! We still love you, we're just jealous. Save some awesome fun times for us when we get back!
Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

WAY TO GO KATHY AND SCOTT. THOSE PHOTOS ARE GREAT, AND YES, WE WANT TO SEE THE DANCE VIDEO. SEND IT BY EMAIL IF NOTHING ELSE - OR POST IT ON YOUTUBE. WE WILL MISS YOUR BODIES ON THANKSGIVING - GREATLY. BUT, HOPEFULLY NOT YOUR SPIRIT. LOVE, MOM

Bittings said...

Awesome! I love that all the boys were star wars people... or is it star trek? anyhoo seth is so cute and chubby! He should have been jar jar banks... would have been so cute!!! Sure do miss you guys! Love you all! Muah!!!!

David/Ruth said...

you guyz definitely win the prize for going all out on Halloween. Cool trekkie costume Scott but I would have liked to see you slap on a pair of old wrangler low rise jeans with a pair of small pumpkins sticking out the top to show some serious pumpkin crack like the one y'all made back in Albakerkee.

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

still waiting for that video!!!

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

Did I catch it right? If we have another baby? You know me, give me an inch and the foot is in the door. So congratulations! Those boys are sooooooooo lucky to have parents that are anxious to share their time and do so many things as a family. I should have put the pants with the pumpkins on our front porch. That would have sitrred some talk. Love,
grandpa

Kemble Family said...

Savory and Sweet seeds? Yum! How did you do that? I only know the original way of roasting them, which is still pretty good. You are so creative! I love you guys!!
Jana