Sunday, July 11

Summer Tour!

I will attempt to take you on a wee photo tour of what we have been up to this summer here in American Fork, Utah.
This is on a hike we took up in Alpine Utah. The view was spectacular and a camera could never capture the granduer of these amazing mountains we have in our back yard. Only wish I had more time and alot more energy to hike them and enjoy their beauty.

Happy Birthday to John! He turned 6 years old. These are his daily buddies that he enjoys playing with. We went to a park and had a great time.


This was his "Gumball" cake! It was so colorful and so fun to cut and eat. We got to chew gum all night long!


Melanie was baptized on June 5, 2010. It was a sweet little program and I was so impressed with her desire to do this and to be prepared. She worked hard to get herself ready and even began fasting on her own 3 months in advance to see if she could do it when she became a member of the church. That itself deserves our applaud!
Sorry for the crooked photo. I didn't have Amber here to help me turn it. David baptized and confirmed her with his dad.



This was her "flip flop" cake. It turned out much better than I thought it would. David's flip flop made a great pattern for me!!


This was one of two cakes I made for Amanda! She turned 11 and loves chocolate. This was an all chocolate cake. And oh-made from scratch it was to die for!

I could not resist making her this grand piano cake. It looked so elegant before the lid decided to collapse in the hot and humid air. But it really was "most impressive" how it turned out. She begged us not to eat the cake and just save it forever. But since Grandma Murdoch loves chocolate too-she wanted us to cut it and get on with it.

So, there you have it. Our summer tour! We have been so busy. I didn't even put up photos of girls camp, (thanks ReNae for watching the children ) Scout camp, Mother's day or Fathers day or the 4th of July. We love you all and hope you are doing well. You are welcome to come and visit us any time you like-if you can catch us home long enough. I am looking forward to less busy days in August? I hope--we'll see. Love, The Murdoch Family





4 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

Wow, great looking and fun cakes. You are amazing. The post is fun Barbara, and Melanie, you look so cute also.

Kemble Family said...

Yep, lots going on at your house! I love those cakes. Your kids must love you sooooooo much!!

Jana

Kemble Family said...

Happy Birthday Melanie and Amanda! Congratulations to Melanie on her baptism! Amanda's cakes look sooooo delicious and my mouth is watering just looking at them! Barbara, can you make my birthday cake next year? :) JK! You don't need to.

Love ya! Jamie

Kemble Family said...

Oh yes. Happy birthday John too! The cake looks great and yummy! JAMIE