Thursday, February 11

How's Everyone?

Scott and Kathy: Aren't you guys buried in snow? Do you have any cool pictures to share? Did Jake's school get cancelled and did Scott get to miss work for this? Fill us in!

Barbara: How was your birthday lunch with Mom and the girls? Wish I could have been there. I'm sure it was great fun. Glad to share my age with you for a few weeks, now : )

Mom and Dad: It must be great having Lincoln running around there. Enjoy your time with him and Mickenzie. How fun that she can be there for a little while. I loved our visit there. Your place rocks!!

Rick and ReNae: I haven't called you guys in like forever! How is the new place, ward, schools, neighborhood, etc. etc. Do you have callings yet?

Karina: Congrats on your new job! Sounds fun!

Jared, David, Becky: What's new with you guys, too?

We are waiting for Spring to come. We had a couple of really nice days last week (we actually saw the SUN) and now it's back to rain, rain and more rain. It sure is green (and soggy) around here. Eli is home today with 'pink eye' and getting medication so he won't miss his school's Valentine's party tomorrow. Justin's cello just got back from being repaired (a kid accidentally kicked it at school), Jayson is at the state capitol for the next three days participating in Youth and Government, Jamie is in her school musical, "Seussical...." (can't remember the rest of the title) and has play practice today and Jay is way busy with church, work and everything else. I am amazed at what he accomplishes every day. Brooke called yesterday and it is fun to hear how she is doing at BYU. She usually has something interesting to tell. As for me, I am just the same, doing what I always do to make sure everyone is fed and watered, clean, loved and happy most of the time. I enjoy the rewards and I love our family.

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!
Love,
Jana

9 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

Jana, so good to hear from you on the blog. We have all been slackers posting here. I want to know when Jayson is performing, and we are anxious for you to come to LV again sometime - maybe it will work out to see Phantom. Anyway, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU ALL - WE LOVE YOU. MOM

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

Excuse the dumb me thing, I meant I want to know when Jamie is performing and is Jayson in one of the plays again this year? Mom

Rick Baxter said...

Yes, slackers we have all been. I have wondered about kathy and scott too with the snow issue. But, thanks to facebook, I know she took care of herself during the storm with all of the "essentials."

Yes, the kids love the school - the neighborhood is swarming with kids - even for Julie. She is so excited to have a friend. She tells me she loves Kate everyday. The neighborhood is a bit congested if you ask me.....a lot congested. Good thing we are only renting.....I should just be greatful though.

We have callings. Rick and I are both cub den leaders and also choir pianist. We love the ward. Very friendly, very educated and very excited to have us.

What's everyone doing for valentines day? I know - keeping it Holy! Love you all. can't wait to see anyone! It was fun to get together for Barbara's Birthday.

BTW!!!!! Put it on your calendars, for anyone who wants to come - we are camping up near cedar breaks with the southerners on the weekend of June 18th and 19th. Seria muy devertido, no? Kathy, scott, Jana, Jay? You in?????

I love you all - happy valentines day!
ReNae

Grandpa and Grandma Brooks said...

Hey, we want in!!!!

Kemble Family said...

Camping with the Baxters? Now that's gotta be fun!!

Mom, Jamie performs in April and Jayson's is some time in May.

Gotta go now and finish "the day we get ready for Sun-day". (start singing) We figure out dinner and finish my lesson, so we'll be prepared for tomorrow. I'll iron some shirts and I'll go find kids' shoes, so-we-won't-be-late-for-our meetings. Choir starts at 8:00 and that's very very early. So I must now go get ready for Sun-day! (I'm the pianist, BTW)

Bruce and Becky said...

Jana, I bet it is called Seussical the Musical.

We'll come, Baxters...

murdoch family said...

Okay, So, our girls camp is the previous week and I don't know when scout camp is for sure. But we'd like to go camping--if there is not a conflict.--I don't sleep so well on the ground anymore. What is the attraction at Cedar Breaks anyway? And what does BTW mean???
--Barbara

Bittings said...

Barbara.. It means By The Way!!!

The Bitting's want in!! And there will be 3 of us!! ha ha JK! That means Just kidding!! lol

ReNae said...

funny karina!